Index & Covered
Responsibilities of Editorial Board Members
Editorial Board structure:
The Editorial Board of JUMDC comprise of Editor-in-Chief, Editor, Associate editor and Editorial Board members. Editor-in-Chief remains the chairperson of the board, hence allowed to take the final decision in any regard.
The formation of the Editorial Board is done through incorporating global experts with excellent academic track record.
Editorial Board responsibilities:
- All Editorial board members must obey the direction provided by the Editor-in-Chief/ Editor of the journal.
- Once the plagiarism check is completed every article will be assigned with an Editor and if the article is in the area of Editor’s research interested, it is expected that assigned Editor will take up the assignment at an earliest possible time. If he or she wants to deny the assignment due to some personal reason, that should also be informed to the Editorial Office at an earliest possible convenience.
- Honesty and transparency is must to become an Editorial Board member, where an Editor should judge every submission equally and transparently.
- Editor-in-Chief can take the final decision for any publication oriented issue.
- If required Editor may provide the necessary guidelines and dictate the process of submission to the author.
- Editor should not reveal any information regarding the author, reviewer or the article information to anyone, complete confidentiality maintenance is mandatory.
- Associate editor, who commissions articles; coordinates peer review; liaises with authors, reviewers and board members; writes short editorials, news and research highlights, and carries out heavy developmental/technical editing of manuscripts.
- Once the assigned Editor is notified by the Editorial Office regarding any information at any stage of the publication process for an assigned manuscript, the Editor should respond as early as possible.
- Along with the publisher, the Editorial Board members are responsible for timely publishing the accepted articles.
- It is Editor’s responsibility to inform the selected reviewers that reviewers are not entitled to use the any part of the work in any form provided in the article they are reviewing. Reviewers should be also informed about the complete confidentiality of the assignments they are undertaking.
- If any special issue proposal is submitted to the journal, the assigned Editorial Board member should review the proposal for suitability with the scope of the journal, timeliness and assessing the scope and the importance of the topic.
- Editors should provide time to time input regarding the targeted readers and their preferences. editorial-policies/editor-roles-and-responsibilities